So as a busy college student I don’t often have time to just relax and read a good book. My time is bogged down with stiff literature that always inevitably ends in tragedy (five out of six of the books in my lit class this last semester ended in murder and rape). *sigh*
But summer is here!
So here is my must reads for the summer, because I FINALLY have time. 😉 I’m sure I’ll miss a few, but here are the books that are on my mind!
- Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare – I’ll admit I have actually already read this one, but I just couldn’t resist! And I have to say my schoolwork suffered that week. So this is more of a recommendation than a “to-read,” but trust me, it’s worth reading. If you’ve never read Clare check out City of Bones first. If it doesn’t change your life I’ll be amazed.
- Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr- This one has been sitting on my desk since my birthday in January, and I just haven’t had the chance to pick it up. I know I love Wicked Lovely by Marr though!
- Reached by Ally Condie- I’ve read the first two (Matched and Crossed) Quite some time ago, and I’ll admit I don’t remember much of the story, so I may need to reread. I do remember that they were awesome, and that’s enough for me!
- Enclave by Ann Aguirre- This is another that has been sitting on my desk, mocking my lack of time, but no longer! Summer is here, and I shall read all the books!
- Unwholly by Neal Shusterman- Not only is Shusterman one of my literary heroes, but Unwind (the first in this series) left me breathless. It addressed complex concepts, like the definition of life and religion, in a really interesting story. I didn’t know there was a sequel until recently, but you can bet just about anything you want that I’m going to read it ASAP!
Those are the books nagging me to read them at the moment. I hope you enjoyed my recommendations, and stop by again! See ya. 🙂