Because these two books are WONDERFUL. I LOVED Unwind when I read it in high school…twice, and I just finished Unwholly. Shusterman creates these beautiful characters who draw me in and pluck my heartstrings and keep me up until the wee hours of the night.
In a world where the solution to the controversy of abortion is the ability to unwind, meaning to surgically dismantle while technically keeping all of your parts alive, unwanted children between the ages of 13 and 18, AWOLS are kids who escaped after their parents signed the unwind orders.
Connor is awesome. Risa is…just beautiful. Lev is complicated and surprisingly young, and Cam…. Cam is a new, confusing, enrapturing character I can’t get enough of. I NEED the next book. SO MUCH!
- Unwind by Neal Shusterman (thebeabibliophile.wordpress.com)
- Unwind by Neal Shusterman (chey560.wordpress.com)
- Unwind Review (eyehavealotoffeelings.wordpress.com)
- Wind-Up Kids (thebookfix.wordpress.com)
- Summer’s over D: (sharingstorieswithshannon.wordpress.com)
- “You see yourse… (thewaragainstreality.wordpress.com)